Count Basie Center for the Arts Rental & Technical Info
The 1,568 seat Count Basie Center for the Arts theater is available for rent for performances, benefit concerts, dance and music recitals, business and corporate functions, and civic gatherings. The theater’s rehearsal studio, patio and storefronts on Monmouth Street are also available for smaller functions, meetings, pre-show receptions and rehearsals. For more information, contact the Count Basie Center’s administrative office at (732) 224-8778 extension 105.
Rates as of April 2017:
A flat theater use fee applies to the use of the theater itself. In addition to the theatre use fee, additional charges apply on a per-hour or per-use basis for stage labor, ushers, security personnel, cleaning, box office services, and use of the theater’s equipment. These additional charges vary considerably according to the specific needs of your production. Therefore, we encourage you to call for an estimate.
I. Theater Use Fees
Rates are for one event/performance on one day.
Add 50% for each additional performance/event on the same day.
Add the rehearsal rate for a rehearsal on the same day as the performance.
The theater use fee includes just the use of the theater itself. The theater use fee does not include the additional fees below for labor, services and equipment. The additional fees are established by mutual agreement according to the specific needs of your production.
- Technical Director $30 per hour (4 hour min.)
- Assistant Technical Director $28 per hour (4 hour min.)
- Stagehands $26 per hour per person (4 hour min.)
- Runners $16 per hour per person (4 hour min.)
Please note: Hours between midnight and 6:00 a.m. are double time. Holidays are time-and-one-half. More than forty hours in one week are time-and-one-half. Film, recording and broadcast rate is time-and-one-half. More than one rate increase can be in effect at the same time.
Front of House Labor:
- House Manager: $150 per performance
- Ushers: $950 per performance
- Security Supervisor: $30.75 per hour (4 hour min.)
- Security: $18.50 per person per hour (4 hour min.)
- Police Security: $80 per hour (4 hour min.)
- Cleaning: $650 per performance
Box Office Charges:
- Ticket Sales (from the Box Office): $1 per ticket sold ($300 minimum)
- Ticket Printing: $0.10 per ticket printed by the Box Office
- Credit Card Charges: 4.25% of credit card sales
- Cancellation and Refund Charges: 2.5% of credit card sales
Both credit card charges and refund charges apply in the event of a cancellation and are not refundable.
- Piano Rental: $450 per day
- Piano Use and Tuning: $450 (includes first tuning)
- Additional Piano Tunings: $125
- Dance Floor: $125 per use
- House Follow Spot: $90 per unit, per performance
- Stage Lighting (house plot, no refocus): $250 per performance, $150 per rehearsal
- Moving Lights: $500 per performance, $250 per rehearsal
- Sound Equipment: $1850 per performance, inclusive of stacks, racks, and console only. If house sound system is not used, a $1200 striking fee will be charged.
- Video Projection: $500 per performance, $250 per rehearsal
- Risers: $50 per 4’ X 8’ unit
- Assorted backline equipment: Call for pricing
- Rental of street-level classrooms, upper level rehearsal room of the street-level Carlton Lounge” Call 732-224-8778 x 122 for rates.
- Merchandise and souvenir sales: 25% of gross merchandise sales receipts