Membership News and Notes
FROM CINDY JIMENEZ
Welcome to our first-ever member newsletter, where we’ll let our Count Basie Center members know a bit more about what they’re supporting, give them some insight on new events happening here in Red Bank, and more.
We heard you. Thank you to everyone who took the membership survey!
We appreciate your feedback and are happy to see so many of our members enjoying their experience. We’ll continue to make every effort to update and improve the membership program and listen to your comments and suggestions.
First and foremost, the Diamond Lounge will now be open for even more historic theater events! And if you haven’t yet taken a look, the Diamond Lounge recently underwent a complete renovation — with many of the new and exciting amenities made from your very own suggestions over the years.
We also heard from many members interested in a backstage tour. At our Friends Of The Basie member event later this year, we’ll be offering tours of the entire Count Basie Center campus — backstage included. Stay tuned!
Networking opportunities: Members are looking to meet fellow members and mingle with the Count Basie Center community. We’ll do just that this summer when we open the Rock & Rohl Rooftop Lounge for several events designed with our members in mind.
Other insight gleamed from the survey:
- More than 95% of members responded that they are satisfied or very satisfied with the Membership Program
- 100% (!) of members responded that are likely to renew their membership
This is a proud moment for us. When we introduced our new membership program a few years back, we worked hard to make it as attractive and rewarding for new and previous members alike. As we’ve tweaked it and added benefits, it’s rewarding to know that our efforts remain in line with our your expectations.
Membership cards: We encourage our members to present their membership cards whenever visiting the Count Basie Center. Why?
- VISIONARY members and above have access to our Primary Member entrance outside of the Basie Center’s historic theater and The Vogel. Look for the Primary Member entrance sign and expedite your entry by presenting your primary member card to security.
- Members at the ENVOY level and above can present their membership card at the box office to avoid ticketing fees ($3 facility fees apply for all orders).
- For qualifying members, your membership card also affords you to your complimentary drink tickets when visiting the Diamond Lounge. Showing your card also expedites your entry into the Diamond Lounge and allows us to record your visit.
We’ve got a few dates for you to mark on your calendars:
March 5, 2024: Star Reception at Basie Center Cinemas
This event, for STAR Members and above, will feature a screening of Bradley Cooper’s Academy Award-nominated Maestro, along with a pre-show reception and post-screening Q&A.
April 26, 2024: Chairperson Reception at the Count Basie Center
Open to FAMILY, VISIONARY, AMBASSADOR, DISTINGUISHED GUEST, GOLD EXPERIENCE and CORPORATE EXPERIENCE level members, this event features pre-show cocktails and passed hor d’oeuvres before musician Glen Burtnik’s celebrated Summer Of Love Concert.
Invites for each of these events will be going out soon.
COUNT BASIE CENTER SUMMER GALA:
This year’s Count Basie Center Summer Gala takes place on Saturday, July 13 and features a performance from a 2005 inductee to the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame. Any guesses? Word will trickle out over the next month, with tickets going on sale to the general public in mid-March. Stay tuned!