Hackensack Meridian Health‘s Reopening America Assist Program: We’re Endorsed
The Count Basie Center for the Arts has proudly earned the endorsement of Hackensack Meridian Health’s Reopening America Assist Program. The program from our longtime Basie Center supporters has been established to share best practices in safety, cleanliness, educating and testing. The Basie Center and business owners throughout the region are working with the Reopening America Assist Program to address concerns such as:
• How can we best protect our employees and customers?
• What policies and protocols need to be in place?
• How can we reconfigure our environment to accommodate for social distancing?
• What should we do if someone tests positive for COVID-19?
The Reopening America Assist Program team visited the Basie Center, reviewed its policies and protocols related to COVID-19, and endorsed the precautions we’re taking to assure customer, employee and performing artist safety. These protocols include our “ground rules” listed below and on each event detail page, the cleaning procedures we employ before, during and after each performance, and the socially-distanced setup we’ve employed for enjoying a performance at The Vogel, our new, socially-distanced performance venue.
Click here for more information on Hackensack Meridian Health’s Reopening America Assist Program.
Safety Procedures & Protocols at The Vogel
When patrons visit The Vogel or any event at the Count Basie Center for the Arts, they can expect to see the following protocols and safety procedures:
- Shows will be seated, with tables sold in “Table For Two,” “Table For Four” and “Table For Six” configurations only.
- Tables will be positioned 6’ apart, with the front row of tables 12’ from the performers.
- Only 150 seats will be available for performances.
- Drinks and concessions will be sold tableside; i.e.: no lining up at bars.
- Patrons must wear masks at all times while inside The Vogel, except when eating or drinking.
- Patrons will be expected to abide by social distancing norms while attending events at The Vogel.
- Temperatures will be taken at the door. Patrons with a body temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be permitted to enter. A refund will be issued.
- Fans must remain seated at their purchased table.
- For nights with two shows, entry for the second show will begin once the previous crowd is cleared and the venue is cleaned / sanitized.
- Restrooms will be limited to two (2) patrons at a time.
- Tables will not be permitted to be split and resold. Patrons holding resold tickets will be denied entry and refunds will not be offered.
- Events at The Vogel will utilize Ticketmaster’s touch-less, mobile entry system. Your ticket for events at the Vogel will be located within the Ticketmaster smartphone app. under “My Tickets.” No paper tickets will be accepted.
- Patrons will be required to remain seated, unless getting up to leave or use restrooms.
- Venue security will enforce ground rules, which will follow current CDC and State of New Jersey guidelines for indoor events.
- There is no re-entry.
Once inside, patrons will be escorted to their tables. Disposable menus will be available, and wait service will visit throughout the evening to take drink and snack orders. The Vogel offers a full bar with thoughtfully curated wine and snack options.