The 2020 Count Basie Center Teen + College Film Fest is back!
Read the official press release | Registration: $15 (before 1/6/20), $25 thereafter
Additional information: Count Basie Center Teen + College Film Fest on Filmfreeway.com
Rules and Regulations
(1) Eligibility Requirements
- Films previously submitted to the Basie’s “PROJECT FX” or “Count Basie Center Teen + College Film Festival” are not eligible.
- Any film submitted must be made after January 1, 2019
- Middle and high school contestants must be enrolled full-time in a NJ-based school, or be legal NJ residents receiving home schooling. College contestants must be a full-time student attending college in New Jersey, or a graduate of a New Jersey-based high school or home schooling program registered full-time at an out-of-state college or university.
- Entrants must include proof of student status (copy of student ID, transcript, diploma, etc.) and a current resume
- All students must be in 7th grade or higher at the time of film submission.
- Entrants will be asked to identify legal ownership of the film.
- Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
- Only complete entries will be considered. Each entry must be accompanied by the appropriate entry fee. Entry fees are not refundable. Fees cover registration, notification that your entry has been received, and notification of results. These fees may be paid by credit/debit card only.
- Films must be submitted via FilmFreeway.
- You may not use copyrighted music or video footage in your film. YouTube and Vimeo are becoming increasingly vigilant about this, and we cannot be responsible for films pulled down for copyright violations.
- Once accepted, films must be provided as a .mp4 file via dropbox for download.
- All films up to 10 minutes in length will be considered.
- All films must not contain any form of nudity.
- All entries must be received by 11:59pm on 3/1/20
(2) Judging & Selection
- Submissions that do not meet the criteria on the Form Outline will be eliminated.
- All films will be vetted by a sub-committee of the Judging Panel.
- In March 2020, the top films will be revealed at www.thebasie.org/filmfest, as well as the festival’s official Facebook page. Filmmakers will be encouraged to have people like/share their films on Facebook.
- Judging panel (made up of celebrities and film industry leaders) will view the top films and assess.
- Judging will be based on a rubric that evaluates how a student utilizes the medium to get the point across in a creative manner.
- The judges will take into account the storyline, cinematography, technical aspects, sound, editing, and social media presence.
- The top films will be screened at the Count Basie Center in Red Bank, NJ on April 4, 2020.