Type: Workshops / Residencies
Instructor: Anthony HolidayRegister
In this one time workshop or multi-visit residency, students will work with peers in an open, safe and inclusive environment to discuss and explore different cultural voices of theatre. Playwright and script exploration will examine diverse communities, regions, ethnicities, and identities through the lens of plot, culture, language, and acting interpretation. Works from Tennessee Williams, Athol Fugard, August Wilson, Dominique Morisseau, Stephen Adly Guirgis and new works out of Yale School of Drama will be included. This is a great workshop for film and theatre and for english language arts classes working on writing/storytelling.
Achieve your classroom goals virtually or in-person!
MODE OF DELIVERY: Virtual and/or In-Person
PRICE: Each individual class workshop can be up to 60 minutes
- Cost per workshop: $85
- Cost for full day (up to 6 workshops per day): $500
- Travel Fee (if in-person): $50 per day
- Customizable Planning Fee (if applicable): $75
AUDIENCE LIMIT: 25
PROGRAM LENGTH: One day workshop or multi-day residency options available
RECOMMENDED FOR GRADE(S): 9-12
TECH / MATERIALS:
- Virtual: Access to a virtual classroom (or ability to join Basie monitored Zoom Room)
- In-Person: Access to outlets for speakers. If you are customizing your residency / workshop, teachers’ choice reference material and content support.