Count Basie Center Arts Impact Scholarships
Scholarship & Award application process is open to ALL Monmouth County High School seniors who are graduating in the 2020-2021 academic school year and continuing education after graduation.
Those with experiences with any art form and any level of study are welcome. Whether you had one impactful experience or have been taking classes for years, or if you are an actor, photographer, folk/cultural dancer, vocalist, musician, graphic designer, filmmaker or beyond, please consider applying.
Recipients of the 2021 Arts Impact Scholarships & Awards will be acknowledged at the annual Basie Awards Ceremony in late Spring of 2021.
5 Available Scholarships & Awards for 2020-2021
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions
All applications should be submitted no later than 5PM, March 31st, 2021
Applications mailed in should be postmarked no later than 5PM, March 31st, 2021
The Basie will acknowledge receipt of all applications. Award recipients will be notified no later than May 19th, 2021
Online Application (You may submit your complete packet via this link, or print the application to submit via U.S. mail.)
Application Process + Criteria:
Scholarship application process is only open to all Monmouth County High School seniors graduating in the 2020/2021 Academic school year and continuing education after graduation.
- Completed Personal Information
One-page personal resume including work history, volunteer experience, awards received, extracurricular activities.
- Letters of Recommendation (30% of score)
Two letters of recommendation addressing the following components are required. Letters must be specific and address the Arts Impact Scholarship
- One in support of your work in the arts – REQUIRED
- One in support of your academic education OR in support of your contribution to the community (through volunteer efforts, work commitments, leadership activities, personal responsibilities, etc.)
- Leadership/Volunteerism Efforts (20% of score)
Please describe your contribution to the community (through volunteer efforts, work commitments, leadership activities, personal responsibilities, etc.) Answer should be 200 words or less.
- Essay (50% of score)
Adjudicators are looking for a well written essay that speaks to and addresses the following areas:
- Tell us about your experiences in and with the arts.
- How has this exposure changed you, your thinking, personal relationships and/or work ethic?
- Where would/could you have been without exposure to arts education?
- What are your future goals and career aspirations post high school?
Philosophy/Opinion relating to the arts
- Why do you feel the arts are important or necessary for everyone, including yourself? If so, why?
Essay should be 500 words or less.
The Basie will acknowledge receipt of all applications.
Award recipients will be notified no later than May 19, 2021
Scholarships and Awards will be acknowledged at the Basie Awards Ceremony
*Please note recipients may need to be filmed to submit acceptance speeches*
All applications and interviews will be reviewed by an evaluation committee composed of Arts Educators, Count Basie Partnership Organizations, and individual/corporate sponsors of Basie’s education programs.