SAT • OCT 24 • 9:30PMBuy Tickets
Tickets: $65 | Limit 6 tickets per billing address
DOORS 8:30PM • SHOWTIME 9:30PM
Multiple Grammy Award-winner and MacArthur Fellow Chris Thile, a member of Punch Brothers and Nickel Creek, and now the host of the radio program, Live from Here, is a mandolin virtuoso, composer and vocalist. With his broad outlook, Thile transcends the borders of conventionally circumscribed genres, creating a distinctly American canon and a new musical aesthetic for performers and audiences alike.
A child prodigy, Thile first rose to fame as a member of Grammy Award-winning trio Nickel Creek, with whom he released four albums and sold over two million records. In 2014, along with a national tour, the trio released a new album, A Dotted Line, their first since 2005.
As a soloist, Thile has released several albums including his most recent, Thanks for Listening, a collection of recordings, produced by Thomas Bartlett, originally written as Songs of the Week for Live from Here. In February 2013, Thile won a Grammy for his work on The Goat Rodeo Sessions, collaborating with Yo-Yo Ma, Edgar Meyer, and Stuart Duncan. In September 2014, Thile and Meyer released their latest album collaboration, Bass + Mandolin, which won the Grammy for Best Contemporary Instrumental Album. Punch Brothers released their latest album, the Grammy-winning All Ashore, in July 2018 with the Pop Matters describing the album as ‘a call to savor, to pay attention, to step back from the hustle and bustle and remember the importance of being calm.”
Presented by Count Basie Center for the Arts
The Vogel, a two-level, balconied performance space, will debut with strict safety and social distancing measures in place:
- Initial shows will be seated, with tables sold in “Table For Two,” “Table For Four” and “Table For Six” configurations only.
- Tables will be positioned 6’ apart, with the front row of tables 12’ from the performers.
- Only 150 seats will be available for performances at this time.
- Drinks and concessions will be sold tableside; i.e.: no lining up at bars.
- Patrons must wear masks at all times while inside The Vogel, except when drinking.
- Patrons will be expected to abide by social distancing norms while attending events at The Vogel.
- Temperatures will be taken at the door. Patrons with a body temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be permitted to enter. A refund will be issued.
- Fans must remain seated at their purchased table.
- For nights with two shows, entry for the second show will begin once the previous crowd is cleared and the venue is cleaned / sanitized.
- Restrooms will be limited to two (2) patrons at a time.
- Tables will not be permitted to be split and resold. Patrons holding resold tickets will be denied entry and refunds will not be offered.
- Events at The Vogel will utilize Ticketmaster’s touch-less, mobile entry system. No paper tickets will be accepted.
- Patrons will be required to remain seated, unless getting up to leave or use restrooms.
- Venue security will enforce ground rules, which will follow current CDC and State of New Jersey guidelines for indoor events.