SEPT 9 • 7:30PMBuy Tickets
Tickets: $45, $39, $29 | Limit 8 tickets per billing address
DOORS 5:30PM • SHOWTIME 7:30PM
Steve Kimock is regarded as one of the great guitar improvisers of his generation inspiring music fans with his signature sound voiced through electric, acoustic, lap and pedal steel guitars for over four decades. His ability to articulate crystal-clear tone, melody and emotion into intricately woven music crafted with technical brilliance is matchless, and his unparalleled ability to embrace and capture his audiences musically is the stuff of legend.
A pioneer of the ‘jam band’ scene and the West Coast sound, no one niche has ever confined him. Instead, through the years, he’s explored various sounds and styles based on what’s moved him at the time, whether it’s blues or jazz; funk or folk; psychedelic or boogie; gypsy or prog-rock; traditional American or world fusion. With a reputation as a blazing psychedelic guitarist versatile enough to touch almost all aspects of American music, Kimock continues to evolve creatively and elevate audiences worldwide.
After more than 40 years on stage, Kimock is more committed than ever to the spirit of musical diversity and diving deep into his Rock roots. Many classic tunes and tones of his youth that forged his sound and his attitude as a musician will be unearthed with the same spirit that has fed his desire to pursue an authentic relationship with the guitar since the day he realized his calling.
Dubbed “The Guitar Monk” by Relix magazine, Kimock is driven by the knowledge that there is always more to discover – that and the fact that he loves guitar too much to do anything else. Like all of us, he’s sick of this pandemic and wants to come back to the stage with guns blazing. If you’re a fan of Steve Kimock, you won’t want to miss this side of the artist with his foot on the gas.
Steve Kimock & Friends Featuring:
Steve Kimock: Guitar, Lap Steel
Billy Goodman: Vocals, Slide Guitar (Goodman Brothers)
John Morgan Kimock: Drums
Kenny Aaronson: Bass (Bob Dylan, Billy Idol)
Mike Borowski: Keys
And more special guests TBA!
Presented by Count Basie Center for the Arts
ABOUT THE CONCERTS ON THE GREEN EXPERIENCE
The following measures will be in place for the Concerts On The Green concert series:
- The Concerts On The Green performance area is covered. All events are rain or shine.
- Free, onsite parking is available. Please park and proceed to the venue as directed.
- Tickets include a dining reservation, with service and seating beginning two hours prior to showtime. Dinner and drinks are sold separately.
- $20 minimum food / beverage spend required per person. A 20% gratuity will be added to all food/beverage bills.
- Visit www.theBASIE.org/greenmenu for menus.
- Unvaccinated patrons are asked to wear masks upon entering or moving about the venue.
- Credit cards only – cash will not be accepted.
- For nights with two shows, entry for the second show will begin once the previous audience is cleared and the venue is cleaned / sanitized.
- High-touch surface areas will be cleaned and disinfected throughout every performance.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be located throughout the Concerts On The Green performance area.
- Ticketmaster is the only authorized ticket seller for this event. Tickets purchased from other outlets may not be honored.
- Tables cannot be split and resold. Patrons holding resold tickets will be denied entry and refunds will not be offered.
- Restroom capacities will be limited and enforced.
- Patrons are asked to self-screen for any of the CDC’s recognized COVID-19 symptoms and refrain from attending if necessary. A refund will be issued
- Lawn chairs, blankets, pets, outside food or beverages are strictly prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited, including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipes, e-cigarettes or any other vaping devices.
- These protocols have been reviewed and endorsed by Hackensack Meridian Health’s Keeping America Safe Assist Program, which shares best practices in safety, cleanliness, education and testing with organizations like the Basie Center.
Concerts On The Green, Suneagles Golf Club and the Count Basie Center for the Arts are dedicated to making your visit safe during these unprecedented times. In doing so, we are operating in accordance with all local and state executive orders, and will recognize changes in mandates as they are warranted. Buying a ticket or being a guest at a Concerts On The Green show is an agreement to comply with all current social distancing and mask guidelines set forth by local and state governments. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK. All attendees, by purchasing a ticket and/or attending the event, agree to assume all of the risks, hazards and dangers that may arise from, or relate in any way to, the risk of contracting a communicable disease or illness (including exposure to COVID-19, a bacteria, virus, or other pathogen capable of causing a communicable disease or illness) whether occurring before, during, or after the event, however caused or contracted. Therefore, anyone who purchases a ticket and/or attends the event, hereby waives any and all claims against the Count Basie Center for the Arts, Concerts On The Green, Suneagles Golf Club, the artist, and/or all related sponsors relating to all risks of personal injury, sickness, permanent disability and/or death.