SAT • AUG 14 • 9:30PMBuy Tickets
Tickets: $59, $49, $39 | Limit 6 tickets per billing address
DOORS 8:30PM • SHOWTIME 9:30PM
New York-based actor and comedian Chris Distefano is a star on the rise. With much-praised standup specials, a beloved history and comedy podcast, and a popular TV series, Chris has become a favorite with audiences and industry insiders alike.
Chris is gearing up to shoot his second hour standup special for Comedy Central in 2020. His first hour standup special Chris Disefano: Size 38 Waist premiered on the network in 2019 and his half hour standup special premiered in 2014. Chris also hosts the weekly interstitial Comedy Central series Stupid Questions with Chris Distefano. The series, created to intertwine Comedy Central’s stand-up world with its deep archive of classics during the network’s stand-up heavy Friday nights, features Distefano and a guest out late, catching up, and doing their best to answer stupid questions. There are no wrong answers, just truly stupid questions.
In addition to his first special and his series, Comedy Central is developing an animated series with Chris. Additionally, he co-stars in the web series Bay Ridge Boys alongside fellow comic Yannis Pappas. Also with Pappas, Chris co-hosts the popular weekly history podcast History Hyenas, which is available on iTunes and Riotcast.
Chris first burst onto the scene as a standout on MTV’s talking heads franchise Guy Code/Girl Code, with PopSugar naming him the “funniest guy on MTV.” He went on to star in the IFC series Benders and serve as co-host of Netflix’s Ultimate Beastmaster. He also recently starred in and Co-Executive Produced the Sony/CBS pilot Distefano, based on his life and written by Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, the creators of How I Met Your Mother. He has appeared on TruTV’s Comedy Knockout and MSG Network’s People Talking Sports, and he has performed stand-up on NBC’s Late Night with Seth Meyers, CBS’ Late Show with David Letterman, and AXS TV’s Gotham Comedy Live.
Chris is a favorite on the standup festival circuit, with Interrobang lauding his recent appearance at The Moontower Comedy Festival as “one of the best sets of the fest” and Exclaim! calling his 2018 appearance at The Montreal Just For Laughs Festival “a pleasure to watch with his macho but never arrogant style.” He can be seen performing almost every weekend at clubs and theaters across the country, and he can be heard as a regular guest on many of Sirius XM Radio’s most popular shows, including The Bonfire, Jim Norton and Sam Roberts, and Sway in the Morning.
Presented by Count Basie Center for the Arts
ABOUT THE CONCERTS ON THE GREEN EXPERIENCE
The following measures will be in place for the Concerts On The Green concert series:
- Tables are sold in “Table For Two,” “Table For Four” and “Table For Six” configurations only.
- The Concerts On The Green performance area is covered. All events are rain or shine.
- Free, onsite parking is available. Please park and proceed to the venue as directed.
- Tickets include a dining reservation, with service and seating beginning two hours prior to showtime. Dinner and drinks are sold separately.
- $20 minimum food / beverage spend required per person. A 20% gratuity will be added to all food/beverage bills.
- Visit www.theBASIE.org/greenmenu for menus.
- Unvaccinated patrons are asked to wear masks upon entering or moving about the venue.
- Credit cards only – cash will not be accepted.
- For nights with two shows, entry for the second show will begin once the previous audience is cleared and the venue is cleaned / sanitized.
- High-touch surface areas will be cleaned and disinfected throughout every performance.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be located throughout the Concerts On The Green performance area.
- Ticketmaster is the only authorized ticket seller for this event. Tickets purchased from other outlets may not be honored.
- Tables cannot be split and resold. Patrons holding resold tickets will be denied entry and refunds will not be offered.
- Restroom capacities will be limited and enforced.
- Patrons are asked to self-screen for any of the CDC’s recognized COVID-19 symptoms and refrain from attending if necessary. A refund will be issued
- Lawn chairs, blankets, pets, outside food or beverages are strictly prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited, including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipes, e-cigarettes or any other vaping devices.
- These protocols have been reviewed and endorsed by Hackensack Meridian Health’s Keeping America Safe Assist Program, which shares best practices in safety, cleanliness, education and testing with organizations like the Basie Center.
Concerts On The Green, Suneagles Golf Club and the Count Basie Center for the Arts are dedicated to making your visit safe during these unprecedented times. In doing so, we are operating in accordance with all local and state executive orders, and will recognize changes in mandates as they are warranted. Buying a ticket or being a guest at a Concerts On The Green show is an agreement to comply with all current social distancing and mask guidelines set forth by local and state governments. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK. All attendees, by purchasing a ticket and/or attending the event, agree to assume all of the risks, hazards and dangers that may arise from, or relate in any way to, the risk of contracting a communicable disease or illness (including exposure to COVID-19, a bacteria, virus, or other pathogen capable of causing a communicable disease or illness) whether occurring before, during, or after the event, however caused or contracted. Therefore, anyone who purchases a ticket and/or attends the event, hereby waives any and all claims against the Count Basie Center for the Arts, Concerts On The Green, Suneagles Golf Club, the artist, and/or all related sponsors relating to all risks of personal injury, sickness, permanent disability and/or death.