Type: Workshops / Residencies
Instructor: Mimi CrossRegister
Songwriting is an alternative way to tell a story! It’s the perfect cross-curricular connector and a means for self-expression that appeals to all students, while strengthening social emotional learning. Students (both individually and as part of a group) receive ongoing instruction on how to write a traditional song. Students listen to music, analyze song structure, rhyme scheme, line length, phrasing, and voice, while also learning about lyrics, melody, and what makes a strong song. When students create their own work, they’ll use ELA elements in creative writing and poetry in generating ideas.
MODE OF DELIVERY: Virtual and/or In-Person
PRICE: Each individual class workshop can be up to 60 minutes
- Cost per workshop: $85
- Cost for full day (up to 6 workshops per day): $500
- Travel Fee (if in-person): $50 per day
- Customizable Planning Fee (if applicable): $75
AUDIENCE LIMIT: 25
PROGRAM LENGTH: One day workshop or multi-day residency options available
RECOMMENDED FOR GRADE(S): 4-12, Adults
TECH / MATERIALS:
- Virtual: Access to a virtual classroom (or ability to join Basie monitored Zoom Room)
- In-Person: Access to outlets for speakers. If you are customizing your residency / workshop, teachers’ choice reference material and content support.