Type: Workshops / Residencies
Instructor: Bobbie EllisRegister
In Movement and Creativity Tools students use their imaginations to explore movement patterns, enactments, and pure play that promote experiential learning processes and growth of the whole child. This workshop/residency provides both students and teachers tools that foster the development of self-awareness, self-regulation, self-expression, and motor skills. Through a myriad of activities classrooms learn to move and engage in creative play that establishes a foundation for healthy social and emotional function. Plus, studies show children who are more active exhibit better focus, faster cognitive processing, and successful memory retention!
Achieve your classroom goals virtually or in-person!
PARTICIPATE IN A ONE-DAY WORKSHOP OVERVIEW OR FOCUS ON SPECIFIC SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING GOALS EACH WEEK IN RESIDENCY FORMAT:
MOVEMENT & CREATIVITY FOR…
- SELF-REGULATION: Students connect concepts to actions, explore movement that is fun, engaging and helps them develop and strengthen their own self-regulation through a mixture of teacher and student led activities.
- SELF-DIRECTION and CONFIDENCE: Through activities that give students choice in how they move and react to others around them. This self-directed play can shape how they maneuver physically in the world and how they orient in any given environment or space.
- SELF-EFFICACY AND PERSPECTIVE TAKING: Activities are focused on getting students to know themselves better as they make connections with their body. Students experience movement activities that require them to act and then reflect on their experiences, helping them develop and gain self-efficacy and agency.
- STRESS MANAGEMENT: In addition to the physical and neurological health benefits, movement is vital to learning and promotes a sense of mental clarity throughout the day. Students explore “body activities” that reduce feelings of stress and anxiety and participate in creative role play that has been established as a foundation for healthy social and emotional function.
MODE OF DELIVERY: Virtual and/or In-Person
PRICE: Each individual class workshop can be up to 60 minutes
- Cost per workshop: $125
- Cost for full day (up to 6 workshops per day): $600
- Travel Fee (if in-person): $50 per day
- Customizable Planning Fee (if applicable): $75
AUDIENCE LIMIT: 25
PROGRAM LENGTH: One day workshop or multi-day residency options available
RECOMMENDED FOR GRADE(S): K-12
TECH / MATERIALS:
- Virtual: Access to a virtual classroom (or ability to join Basie monitored Zoom Room)
- In-Person: Access to outlets for speakers. If you are customizing your residency / workshop, teachers’ choice reference material and content support.