BLU-GROTTO – Chris Distefano
SATURDAY AUGUST 29 • 7 & 9:30PM
Tickets: $49, $39, $29 | Limit 6 tickets per billing address
DOORS 5:00PM • SHOWTIME 7PM
DOORS 8:30PM • SHOWTIME 9:30PM
New York-based actor and comedian Chris Distefano is a star on the rise. With much-praised standup specials, a beloved history and comedy podcast, and a popular TV series, Chris has become a favorite with audiences and industry insiders alike.
Chris is gearing up to shoot his second hour standup special for Comedy Central in 2020. His first hour standup special Chris Disefano: Size 38 Waist premiered on the network in 2019 and his half hour standup special premiered in 2014. Chris also hosts the weekly interstitial Comedy Central series Stupid Questions with Chris Distefano. The series, created to intertwine Comedy Central’s stand-up world with its deep archive of classics during the network’s stand-up heavy Friday nights, features Distefano and a guest out late, catching up, and doing their best to answer stupid questions. There are no wrong answers, just truly stupid questions.
In addition to his first special and his series, Comedy Central is developing an animated series with Chris. Additionally, he co-stars in the web series Bay Ridge Boys alongside fellow comic Yannis Pappas. Also with Pappas, Chris co-hosts the popular weekly history podcast History Hyenas, which is available on iTunes and Riotcast.
Chris first burst onto the scene as a standout on MTV’s talking heads franchise Guy Code/Girl Code, with PopSugar naming him the “funniest guy on MTV.” He went on to star in the IFC series Benders and serve as co-host of Netflix’s Ultimate Beastmaster. He also recently starred in and Co-Executive Produced the Sony/CBS pilot Distefano, based on his life and written by Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, the creators of How I Met Your Mother. He has appeared on TruTV’s Comedy Knockout and MSG Network’s People Talking Sports, and he has performed stand-up on NBC’s Late Night with Seth Meyers, CBS’ Late Show with David Letterman, and AXS TV’s Gotham Comedy Live.
Presented by UMTPresents & The Basie Presents
ABOUT THE CONCERTS IN THE GARDEN EXPERIENCE AT BLU GROTTO:
- Tables will be positioned 6’ apart, with the front row of tables 12’ from the performers.
- Tickets will be sold in “Table For Two,” “Table For Four” and “Table For Six” configurations only.
- Tickets include a dining reservation, with service and seating beginning two hours prior to showtime. Dinner and drinks are sold separately.
- For nights with two shows, entry for the second show will begin once the previous crowd is cleared and the venue is cleaned / sanitized.
- Ticketmaster is the only authorized ticket seller for this event. Tickets purchased from other outlets may not be honored.
- Tables cannot be split and resold. Patrons holding resold tickets will be denied entry and refunds will not be offered.
- $20 minimum food / beverage spend required.
- Full dinner (early / solo show) and dessert menus (late shows) for both upstairs and downstairs seating can be found here.
- Patrons must wear masks while entering the venue or leaving their table to use the restroom.
- Temperatures will be taken at the door by a Monmouth Park EMT. Patrons with a body temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be permitted to enter. A refund will be issued.
- Fans must remain seated at their purchased table.
- Dancing will not be permitted.
- Lawn chairs, blankets, pets, food or beverages are strictly prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited, including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipes, e-cigarettes or any other vaping devices.
- Venue security will enforce ground rules, which will follow current CDC and State of New Jersey guidelines for outdoor events and dining.
- In the event of inclement weather, patrons will receive an email as early as possible with a show update.
- Free, onsite parking is available.
Concerts in the Garden and Monmouth Park are dedicated to making your visit safe during these unprecedented times. In doing so, we are operating in accordance with all local and state executive orders. Buying a ticket or being a guest at a Concerts In The Garden show is an agreement to comply with all social distancing and mask guidelines set forth by local and state governments. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK. All attendees, by purchasing a ticket and/or attending the event, agree to assume all of the risks, hazards and dangers that may arise from, or relate in any way to, the risk of contracting a communicable disease or illness (including exposure to COVID-19, a bacteria, virus, or other pathogen capable of causing a communicable disease or illness) whether occurring before, during, or after the event, however caused or contracted. Therefore, anyone who purchases a ticket and/or attends the event, hereby waives any and all claims against the Count Basie Center for the Arts, Monmouth Park, UMTPresents, the artist, and/or all related sponsors relating to all risks of personal injury, sickness, permanent disability and/or death.