Count Basie Theatre Arts Impact Scholarships
As part of the Basie Center’s mission to support the arts throughout the community, we’re proud to team with several of our generous donors to offer our 2020 slate of Arts Impact scholarships. Recipients of these $2500 awards will be acknowledged at the 14th annual Basie Awards on Wednesday, May 20, 2020.
The application process is open to all Monmouth County high school seniors graduating in the 2019-20 academic year.
All applications must be submitted by 4pm on March 23rd, 2020
Online Application (You may submit your complete packet via this link, or print the application to submit via U.S. mail.)
2020 Arts Impact Scholarships:
- Monmouth County Freeholders Basie Scholarship for Continuing Education
- Bank of America Arts Matter Impact Award
- Moser Taboada Arts Impact Scholarship
- Amy Giinther Fredericks Music Education Scholarship
Application Process + Criteria:
The Count Basie Center Arts Impact Scholarship application process is open only to Monmouth County high school students graduating in the 2019/2020 Academic school year.
Applications must include:
- Completed online application
- Resume: One-page personal resume including work history, volunteer experience, awards received, extracurricular activities
- Letters of Recommendation (30% of score): Two letters of recommendation addressing the following components are required. Letters must be specific and address the Arts Impact Scholarship
– One in support of your work in the arts – REQUIRED
– One in support of your academic education OR in support of your contribution to the community (through volunteer efforts, work commitments, leadership activities, personal responsibilities, etc.)
- Leadership / Volunteerism Efforts (20% of score): Please describe your contribution to the community (through volunteer efforts, work commitments, leadership activities, personal responsibilities, etc.). Answer should be 200 words or less.
- Essay (50% of score): Testament of your commitment to your arts discipline and how it has impacted your life. Adjudicators are looking for a well written essay that speaks to and addresses the following areas:
– Your Personal story
– Tell us about your experiences in and with the arts
– How has this exposure changed you, your thinking, personal relationships and/or work ethic?
– Where would/could you have been without exposure to arts education?
– What are your future goals and career aspirations?
– Philosophy/Opinion relating to the arts
– How will the arts continue to be a part of your life?
– Do you feel the arts are important or necessary for everyone? If so, why?
Essays should be 500 words or less.
The Basie will acknowledge receipt of all applications. Award recipients will be notified no later than May 1, 2020 Scholarships and awards will be acknowledged at the Basie Awards Ceremony, May 20, 2020.
All applications and interviews will be reviewed by an evaluation committee composed of Arts Educators, Count Basie Partnership Organizations, and individual/corporate sponsors of Basie’s education programs.
*Please note filming recipient acceptance speeches will take place the week of May 4th at the Basie Center