Count Basie Theatre Arts Impact Scholarships
As part of the Basie Center’s mission to support the arts throughout the community, we’re proud to team with several of our generous donors to offer our 2019 slate of Arts Impact scholarships. Recipients of these $2500 awards will be acknowledged at the 13th annual Basie Awards on Wednesday, May 22.
The application process is open to all Monmouth County high school seniors graduating in the 2018-19 academic year.
All applications must be submitted by 4pm on Friday, March 22.
Online Application (You may submit your complete packet via this link, or print the application to submit via U.S. mail.)
2019 Arts Impact Scholarships:
- Monmouth County Freeholders Basie Scholarship for Continuing Education (For seniors pursuing higher education at a New Jersey college or university)
- Moser Taboada Arts Impact Scholarship
- Steven and Jaime Schultz Arts Impact Scholarship
- Siciliano Landscape Company Arts Impact Scholarship
- Bank Of America Arts Matter Impact Award
Application Process + Criteria:
Applicants need not be pursuing a career in the arts or an arts related vocation.
All applications should be submitted no later than 4pm, March 22, 2019, either online or via U.S. mail to:
Count Basie Center for the Arts
Arts Impact Scholarship
99 Monmouth Street
Red Bank, NJ 07701
Applications should include:
1. Completed application (You may submit your complete packet via this link, or print the application to submit via U.S. mail.)
2. Three (3) letters of recommendation from teachers (academic or arts related), counselors, school administrators, coaches or clergy. Letters should be specific to this scholarship and not a general recommendation letter.
3. A single-page page personal resume including work history, volunteer experience, awards received and extracurricular activities.
4. An essay of 500 words or less on the “Impact of the Arts In My Life,” addressing all of the following criteria:
- Which area of arts education (visual, music, dance, theater) have you been engaged in, and for how long?
- How has this exposure changed you, your thinking, personal relationships or work ethic?
- Where would/could you be without this exposure to the art form?
- What are your goals and aspirations?
All applications and interviews will be reviewed by an evaluation committee composed of arts educators, Count Basie Center partner organizations and individual/corporate sponsors of the Basie’s education programs.
We will acknowledge receipt of all applications. Award recipients will be notified no later than one week prior to the Basie Awards ceremony on Wednesday, May 22, 2019.
Scholarship will be presented and recipients acknowledged during the ceremony. Winners’ presence is preferred but not required.